You're gonna miss this
I am a big TV Apprentice fan. This past season was Celebrity Apprentice. Trace Adkins was one of the apprentices and on the season finale he performed his new hit "You're gonna miss this." I must have watched it about twenty times because the words were so true. Here's the chorus:
"You're gonna' miss this You're gonna' want this back You're gonna' wish these days Hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna' miss this."
He's talking to his daughter in every stage of her life who is wishing for the next to come soon. I keep thinking about how many times I have felt the same way. I am always looking forward to the next best stage of life and then before you know it, it has passed and I am wishing those days back. Even though each day seems so long in this season of my life, I know that the years will fly by and these days that seem to last forever will soon only be a memory. I am trying to remember that with each tantrum and whine.
"You're gonna' miss this You're gonna' want this back You're gonna' wish these days Hadn't gone by so fast These are some good times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna' miss this."
He's talking to his daughter in every stage of her life who is wishing for the next to come soon. I keep thinking about how many times I have felt the same way. I am always looking forward to the next best stage of life and then before you know it, it has passed and I am wishing those days back. Even though each day seems so long in this season of my life, I know that the years will fly by and these days that seem to last forever will soon only be a memory. I am trying to remember that with each tantrum and whine.