Two weeks old
Things have changed a bit. Still a great eater, not such a great sleeper. I keep having to tell myself that this won't last forever as I am walking up and down the stairs in the middle of the night to put her pacifier back in her mouth every thirty minutes it seems like. I've sat in the rocking chair quite a few times trying to get her to sleep this week and what do I see through the window, a beautiful sunrise although it's not so beautiful when you know you only have an hour or so before your 3 year old will be up and ready to play! "This won't last forever. This won't last forever."



Anyway, this week has been difficult. Dan was home the first week, then my mom was over everyday the second week, so this has been the first week on our own and Riley has really been having a hard time adjusting to not having my complete attention and she is really testing me.
We had Hayden's first Dr. appointment on Monday and she is 7lbs and 10 ounces so that was good to know that she has regained her birth weight. Some of the things Hayden is doing are cooing, trying to hold her head up, spitting up, smiling in her sleep and sometimes when she is awake, pooping when she is upset including twice at the doctors office (it shot so far when she was being weighed it hit the nurse), loves to be held, spitting up, and did I mention spitting up?
As hard as it may be adding a newborn into our lives, it is so much fun to feel like a complete family now. I love having two children more than I could have imagined.
Riley's new big sister haircut and I really hope that isn't her new big sister smile! =)