SEA WORLD
We took a last minute trip to Sea World this past weekend. We booked the hotel on Wednesday night and drove down on Friday morning and we had a great time. Riley was so happy to be as she called "on an adventure" and loved all the extra attention from us. Her favorite thing to see were the dolphins and wanted to swim with them as soon as she saw them. She also gained two "best friends" on the trip. The whole trip she carried around a ferret attached to a ball that we had bought at cracker barrel. She called it her best friend and then at Sea World she made her other best friend Shamu. They haven't left her side since we've gotten back home.
The low point of the trip was when my violent coughing attacks would come on suddenly. Whatever I've had this month I just can't shake. I've been to the doctor three times and each time they say its something different. The first time it was a sinus infection or strep, the second time allergies, the third time bronchitis. So we'll see if these last round of meds clear whatever it is up! So, anyway, randomly I have these awful coughing attacks which are so embarrassing. They are so forceful that my very delicate gag reflux kicks in and I throw up. (Too much information?) Well, I thought I was doing okay when we were on the river walk so we decided to take a riverboat tour. When we got in the boat, they packed us in like sardines. We were shoulder to shoulder on each side and then across from people with less then a foot between you and someones face. I'm doing okay for the first twenty minutes with no coughing. Yes! I think I am home free because I see where we had started the tour and thought it was over. Well, NO, we made a sudden left towards another part of the river and that is when the panic started to set it. Between that and the claustrophobia I was already experiencing the coughing attack started. I have my head over the side of the boat just praying that I wouldn't throw up in front of all those people next to me and across from me as I was violently coughing. It was like a bad dream and all I could hear was the muffled voice of the tour guide that just wouldn't stop. I tried to hold the coughing in for a minute, but then my face turned red, my eyes started watering, and I couldn't breathe. What a site! Well finally after another twenty minutes of misery it was over. Worst boat ride of my life and probably everyone elses that was sitting next to me too!
On our drive back we stopped in Waco and went by to see the Baylor bears. After we went to see the bears we asked Riley what she wanted to be when she got older, a Bear or a Horned Frog. The Horned Frogs Won!